Thursday, October 29, 2009

Deaf Andy

Mr. Sweet Thang’s dog is basically the canine manifestation of him. He is cute and funny and annoying as hell. He has beguiling ice blue eyes and you can’t help but want to hug him, even as he attempts to hump you.

As much as you hate yourself for liking him, you do.

Tonight, I spent a PG-13 evening out in BFE.

Miles past Johnson County strip malls and industrial parks, I abandoned civilization for an evening of board games, Pan’s Labyrinth and cuddling.

And Deaf Andy.

Deaf Andy has no boundaries, much like Mr. Sweet Thang but for two dogs with excessive slobber, they sure know how to show a girl a good time.

When I finally drove back toward the comfort of city lights at an hour that was far too respectable, I couldn’t help but smile. I think Mr. Sweet Thang thought I was trying to prove a point but really, it was just too lovely to stay any longer.

I can’t remember the last time I enjoyed an evening so sweet and innocent – hard to imagine with someone I call Mr. Sweet Thang, but it was.

Our generations seems to race past this phase and for a moment it felt nice to linger and remember the nervous sensation that accompanied the first sweet kisses of something new.

The rest of it will find its way, perhaps sooner than it should but for one night it was nice to just be nice.

No comments: