Saturday, January 23, 2010

Sue

Last night I met a woman named Sue at a wine tasting with the girls
(more about that to come). Sue was a sexy woman hitting her stride at
60 and she was on a date with Dick.

Somewhere between sampling Malbecs and Malbec blends, the subject of
my my blog and various dating exploits came into conversation.

"Oh honey," she said, "It's not just an issue at your age. Let me tell
you about this internet date I went on...."

Sue had gone out with a man in his late 60s who was recovering from
prostate cancer. Within in minutes of their first date he had informed
her about his condition. She did not want to be callous but was a
little off-put tone of his admission.

"Just so you know I am 75%." he assured her.

"I couldn't help but wonder, did 75% mean 3 out of 4 times or did it
mean..." With that Sue crooked her finger and raised her left eyebrow
to the sky.
"I felt for him but..." she grimaced.

"That was awfully presumptuous of him, don't you think." one of my
friends chimed in.

We roared.

Dick tried to come back into the room at the sound of all the
laughter, but Sue just shoo-fly-ed him away again. She would do this
repeatedly throughout our conversation and each time I liked her more.

I told her I just had to have her number. I was smitten.

Girl talk knows no age limit and with the proper quantity of vino, new
friends can be found just about anywhere.

No comments: