Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Weepies

I am not normally a big fan of turning to song lyrics for inspiration but on my drive to St. Louis this evening I started listening to a Weepies album again. I love this song and am actually using it as I work on my show "The Man Fast" which I will be performing January 15 - 17 at The Hemingway Gallery.

I don't feel lonely very often but on Thanksgiving, I always feel a sort of melancholy sweetness in watching the quiet moments between people in love, in the middle of all the holiday commotion. It isn't a longing as much as waiting and breathing - somedays it is just more difficult to be patient.

Anyway I think it is beautiful and so I sang it about 1000 times on my drive.

Somebody Loved by The Weepies


Rain turns the sand into mud

Wind turns the trees into bone

Stars turning high up above

You turn me into somebody loved


Nights when the heat had gone out

We danced together alone

Cold turned our breath into clouds

We never said what we were dreaming of

But you turned me into somebody loved


Someday when we're old and worn

Like two softened shoes

I will wonder on how I was born

The night I first ran away from you


Now my feet turn the corner back home

Sun turns the evening to rose

Stars turning high up above

You turn me into somebody loved




No comments: