Thursday, August 27, 2009

I finally listened to the 8 voicemails that had racked up over the last 4 days

It has been brought to my attention that I suck at the following:

Promptly returning texts.
Answering my phone.
Listening to my voicemail.
Replying to emails.
Acknowledging comments on my Facebook page.
Maintaining contact with assorted friends and family strewn all over the globe.

Essentially returning communications of any kind in a timely manner.

Really I have no excuse. I could say I try but that wouldn't be a full truth. Sometimes the massive access and multitude of communication portals just freaks me out.

This from someone blogging about her own trite existence at 11:02 pm on a Thursday.

This is where I have fallen in the quantity over quality cycle of interactions. Often my only reason for throwing a party is that I can see lots of people in a small period of time - which I admit is shitty and selfish on my part.

I want to do better I really really do. And if you are reading this and rolling your eyes, I promise to make a concerted effort to answer the phone when you call.

But not if you call when I am sitting with someone else because that is just plain rude.


No comments: