Thursday, August 20, 2009

"Um...yeah."

So I was on the phone with my Dad tonight, getting updated on the fantastic trip he and my step-mom just took to the Northwest.

Dad said that he has come up with a new theory on life. This is not surprising. My father is always has some new mantra or theme song.

"I think I could be a professional vacationer. My new plan is to make sure that at the end of my life I don't regret anything. I don't want to regret passing up an opportunity."

"Dad, that is pretty much how I have lived my whole life."

"Um...yeah, Lyndsey. I think everybody knows that."

"Well, now I just have to figure out what is next. I karaoked. I got a tattoo, jumped out of an airplane and wrapped that nasty snake around my neck. I think I am running out of things I fear."

"I don't know - how about dating a decent guy?"

Touche, Father. Touche.

No comments: