Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Ladies Who Lunch


I snuck out of the office this afternoon for a gluttonous lunch of Mongolian Barbeque with two of my girlfriends.

“I feel like since no one wants to see me get naked, maybe I should throw myself back out there.” I said, bemoaning my rejected residency application.

“The dating world?” said the tall one.

“Yeah.”

“You should. It would be fun!" said the not-so-tall.

“That’s what I was thinking. But I hate dating. I am just too lazy.”

“You just want to skip ahead to the next part? Or you just want them at your beck and call?” - Short pants

“Neither. None of it. I think maybe I am just to content being alone.”

“That is a good thing then. So don’t date.” - Long pants

“But it is a good excuse to see movies and stuff.”

“But you can see movies with us.” - Small fry

“When? You two are always preoccupied with your plethora of slightly unavailable man-whores.”

“True.” - Less small fry

“You should do Match. Then you could blog about it.”

Hmmm... So I looked and was a little befuddled when I realized I knew people on there - like more than just facebook friends kind of knowing.

KC isn't like LA. Everyone knows everyone and so I suppose it was bound to happen but it is a little disconcerting to see real live prospects come to life in the virtual world. It is just a little too freaky.

But then again, it could be such great material. (I am terrible!!!)

We'll See...

No comments: