Monday, September 14, 2009

Apologies for being the barer of bitchy

Man, I have been cranky lately and all things being equal, today just sucked.

But thankfully, and with apologies to all who have had to endure me, the funk has passed.

I am a little embarrassed to admit that it wasn't the kindness of colleagues or the understanding of employers or even the abundance of chocolate shoved my way.

It was sitting through an hour presentation on the symptoms of STDs and looking a slide of a chancroid ulcer (nasty sore in a nasty place) and thinking, "Dear God! At least I don't have that!"

I have been teaching AIDS education for over a year and that visual never gets easier. Poor guy sitting next to me looked green.

"It kind of kills your desire to date, doesn't it?" I whispered.

"Seriously! I ain't touchin' nothin! When I get in the classroom I am just saying 'Damn kids, you in eighth grade- stop being nasty!'"

And with that I was better. At least I am not 'bein' nasty.'


No comments: