Thursday, September 17, 2009

Part 3


I LOVE Pureology conditioner. Despite its ridiculous price tag, the cream’s tingly sensation invigorates my scalp with the aroma of peppermint and slowly wakes up my aching mind, making it well worth the cost.

Hmm, I wonder what would have happened if I had made it to the conditioner?

Instead he dumped me – right there, in the shower – mid-shampoo.

Our relationship had always been a bit of a train wreck but I figured I was at least owed the decency of getting dumped after I dried off.

He was Mr. I’ll Get You Next Time, as oblivious as I was crazy, and as I struggled to rinse the suds out of my eyes without tearing up – no, I would not give him the satisfaction – it became obvious that I had been clinging to misery and that this absurd and disturbing farewell was just what I deserved.

In all honesty, he kind of looked like a wet dog, slouched against the shower wall pitifully standing his ground.

Later, I will think about this moment and laugh. I mean how many people can say they got dumped in the shower. But there interrupted before my peppermint bliss, I was just pissed.

No comments: